May 8, 2009

You must choose, but choose wisely


It looks like our newly elected Commander in Chief will be appointing someone to preside in highest court in our country. While I'm confident his administration will not do a blunder on the level of Harriet Meyers I'm concerned about the publics' cry for who they'd like to see on the bench.

Minority groups are calling for someone who can best reflect their interests and are angrily voicing it on various pundit shows. Politics is a strange business in where many Americans believe people are more qualified for their jobs based on circumstances beyond the candidates control. Obama must elect a half black, quarter Latin, dash of Asian, and a slight pinch of Caucasian female lesbian paraplegic Presbyterian who has a slight speech impediment and a fetish for spoons to make everyone happy.

I understand the desire the public has for someone who they assume to best represent their interests, but I'm going to suggest something that may be revolutionary. Stay with me folks, but I think any nominee should represent one thing and one thing only and that is...wait for it...the Constitution.

There I go with my crazy talk.

"Any successful nominee should possess both the temperament to interpret the law and the wisdom to do so fairly. The next Supreme Court Justice should have a record of protecting individual rights and a strong willingness to put aside any political agenda." - Bennie Thompson

4 comments:

Miss Ash said...

For shame Wiwille, such an outlandish request, Ha!

You got me at speech impediment, I was laughing so hard.

AccountDeleted said...

Wanda Sykes ???

Claire said...

A fetish for spoons? How did you know? ;)

Cxx

JLee said...

The Constitution??? That's crazy talk!!