May 13, 2009

Wiwille gets assaulted at the gym....again

I'm at the gym the other day working out on the elliptical trainer and watching my favorite game show. Things were going without incident when suddenly I felt someone punch me on the shoulder. I stop my work out, take off my headphones, and look at the girl next to me. She was standing on the contraption giving me a dirty look.

"What the hell?" I ask.

"You were blurting out the answers," she replied justifying her violence.

"Oh," I said. "Err...sorry...I guess."

I start my work out again when suddenly I stopped and looked at her.

"Wait," I said. "What the hell do you care?"

"I'm watching it too," she answered. "I could hear you over my headset. You're ruining the questions."

"Oh," I said kind of surprised that I was that loud. "Well...eh...doesn't matter. You wouldn't get the answers right anyways."

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"You think so?" she asked.

"I think so."

It was on.

We made a bet over a power bar about who would get the most correct answers first. Who won you may ask? Well I did of course. You doubt my trivia knowledge? If you've read this blog before you should be keenly aware that my mind has a command of thoroughly useless information.

Yes I was the big winner that day and the recipient of a power bar, which I never actually consumed. Still I couldn't help think what the rest of the people in the gym thought about two people yelling out random stuff at each other. See the screen is on the elliptical trainer and the sound of the show was mute to all but those listening to the headphones so to someone working out on the nautilus machines all they saw and heard was two people shouting out phrases like 'the Panama Canal', 'Henry Kissinger', and 'kinetic energy'.

I'm a winner and a loser.

"Why is it trivia? People call it trivia because they know nothing and they are embarrassed about it." - Robbie Coltrane

9 comments:

Claire said...

Oh man, this post made me howl! Brilliant!

Cxx

wigsf said...

Good post, not great, just good.

Here's how you make it great.

"Winner gets a PowerBar with the loser's phone number written on the back."

Mattbear said...

I always say the answers too. In fact, just listening to this clip at work, I had to make a concious effort not to.

Anonymous said...

So did u ask her out or did u puss out?

Alec said...

Explain to me again why you:

A: Didn't get her phone number.
B: Didn't bang her brains out in the storeroom.
C: Didn't propose to her on the spot using the power bar wrapper as a make shift ring.

BTW: The captcha for this post is fitting, it's "Regrets"

Mizzle said...

Oh come on, I tried to get a number after I rear ended someone on the freeway, certainly you could have tried here...

Big Ben said...

Charge her with assault. Nice work beating her though.

JLee said...

I love Cash Cab! I can't believe that girl actually punched you. You are just the gym chick magnet! ha

word verification: sidle

Rebecca said...

So what was the score? Was it by a sliver or a landslide?