Aug 6, 2008

No one is interested in Wiwille and his hat

A friend of mine convinced me to add an application on Facebook called 'Are you Interested?' I did some research and found people were posting pics of themselves and a description. I guess you're supposed to click yes or no if you find any interest in them. Sort of like a low rent Match.com. After much debate I decided to try it out. It was free and what could it hurt?

I posted the pic you see of me playing pool and wrote 'I'm new to this whole thing. Please be gentle'. To my surprise I got quite a few hits. Women from all over clicked 'yes' and were sending me messages. Some were cordial, others were surreal as all hell. One lady from Florida decided to write a novel about herself detailing her life as well as her philosophy. Obviously not shy she explained her previous dealings with men and all that came with sleeping with guys who treated her like dirt. She didn't explain why she continued to keep getting naked for people she hated, but I didn't ask as she seemed a bit out of her mind.

More messages poured in ranging from single mothers looking for a guy who's not scared of their three children and their violent exes to girls who just wanted to simply chat and relieve their boredom. These chats got interesting to put it mildly. Mostly it was the scorned females desperate for some male attention. More hits and more strange messages followed within a few weeks and while I found the whole thing sort of comical there was a sense of sadness exuding from these girls. After hearing many stories of how guys were treating them I became thankful I'm not gay.

I changed my Facebook profile pic to the one you see below. I think the photo is damn funny and yes I know I look like a complete dork. I know I'm not very attractive anyways, but this was just too comical. I was painting my parent's place and asked them to provide me with a hat as I no longer own one. This is what they gave me.
After said change I've yet to receive a single hit. I find it absolutely hilarious. Women call men shallow? Yes I'm keeping this photo up.

"These are my children and nothing comes before them. I believe that life is about...." - Random message I received.

15 comments:

Claire said...

Bwahahahahahahaha! That's awesome, man. Long live the hat! The hat sorts the women from the crazies!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the internet...we hope you enjoy your stay.

SareBeth said...

Quite the little experiment.
I like both pictures! :)

Mang said...

I'd Hit it.

Anonymous said...

You don't own a hat? Why am I the only person who thinks that is completely unbelievable? You must own a hat somewhere. A baseball cap or something. That's it dude. Next time I see a beanie cap with a propeller, I'm picking it up and FedEx-ing it to you.

How can you not own a hat?

Mattbear said...

You know what that hat reminds me of? (Trust me, this is going to be more embarrassing for me than you)

When I was a kid, I had a "J.J./Kid Dyn-o-Mite" from Good Times hat. It even said "Dyn-o-Mite" inside the hatband. See here:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/715/14261JJ.jpg

Except that the crown is too tall, that is totally a Kid Dyn-o-Mite hat you have in that picture.

mungsprout said...

Wait! The ladies didnt go for the blossom hat? What is the world coming to? I think you need to take more interesting pictures and put them up to see what people do

Mang said...

Propeller beanies:

http://www.geekculture.com/geekculturestore/webstore/caps.html

Grace said...

Haha! That's hilarious. I personally think the hat's pretty cute. Women are superficial... there's no denying it.

DJ Launchpad said...

hahaha.. between you and Mattbear, I'm gonna have to go find myself a hat. Although Mattbear's new acquisition would be an awesome hat to wear to work.

Hrrm..

Miss Ash said...

I'm pleading the 5th!!

Big Ben said...

That is a great hat. If I knew that kind of hat scared off crazy chicks I would wear one every day.

JLee said...

Who can resist a denim Gilligan hat?

Anonymous said...

Maddi has that exact same hat!! You two would be cute together! Not together together as you know Quoc already has a shotgun but you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Dude, screw them all, I think the hat pic is cute!