Feb 8, 2007

Bad movies I love part 16.

I sat around yesterday with little to do and decided to flip through On-Demand to find a time killer. Upon my eyes did appear a movie that I hadn't seen in years. A film who's merits have been the source of debate through out the movie making industry. Critics and the public have never been so divided on a piece of art before and possible never will again. Yes this piece of celluloid is a milestone.

'Roadhouse' has it all. I used to hate this movie, but now have embraced it's mullet goodness for reasons I don't understand. It's got bar fights, Patrick Swayze waxing philosophic, Sam Elliot being a horny old man, and best of all gratuitous boobies. If that's not enough for you how about villains who all but scream their man lovin tendencies and a monster truck that reeks havoc on a car dealer.

Yes it's bad, but such a great time wasting guilty pleasure.

Doubt me in my analysis? Try this line spoken by Swayze's landlord: "Calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse. It don't belong."

Now that is a sign of quality film making my friends.

“Good looking people turn me off. Myself included.” - Patrick Swayze

The best homo-erotic fight scene ever:

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

Roadhouse is the best movie Patrick Swayze ever starred in.

Bold statement, I know, given that he also starred in such masterpieces as "Black Dog".

Note that I say best movie he starred in, not best movie he was in. Others like "Uncommon Valor" and "Donnie Darko" rank high above the guilty redneck pleasure of "Roadhouse".

Adrian said...

Sadly, I've always been a closet fan of this movie and for the exact reasons you mention Erik. Nice to know I'm not the only one on the planet.