Mar 17, 2011

Thursday Music

Tis the day of St Patrick's feast and I'm sporting my green like a champion, even though I probably have no Irish blood. As a fine American I shall drink dark beer that number more than is safe or reasonable, but I shan't engage in activity normally reserved for 20 somethings. I'm 35 and married. It's about time I act my age.

My grandfather was born this day; however, he was Italian. Yes my Grandpa Mario was none too pleased he shared his birthday with an Irish holiday, but he took it in good sport most of the time. He never felt hostile towards his immigrant brethren, unless his boxing opponent happened to hail from the Emerald Isle.

So this day I shall bring you some modern Irish music from one of my favorite films. The staff at One Bad Apple wishes all a safe and happy St Patrick's Day!

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English." - Winston Churchill

No comments: