So she's been trotting around the US trying to get others elected, and now her Super PAC has released a video showcasing her stellar skills at owning an audience. To be fair, she does own a stage. No that is not sarcasm. The video in question:
The video you just watched wants you to conclude that Palin is effective at rallying the voters to choose the GOP at the polls. Well crafted as it is, it can make even the most ardent liberal thank that. So I looked up the numbers for her 2012 picks, people she tried to help win their campaign. The results:
- Paul Gosar - Arizona: Winner. Not shocking considering the state.
- Representative Allen West - Florida: Loser, and we're all thankful for this.
- Mia Love - Utah: Loser.
- Representative Jeff Flake - Arizona: Winner. Again it's Arizona.
- Martha Zoller - Georgia: Loser. Yes she couldn't get this person elected in Georgia.
- Kirk Adams - Arizona: Loser, surprisingly given the state.
- Governor Scott Walker: Winner. What's weird about this one is that he thought he needed Palin's help.
- Dan Bongino - Maryland: Loser.
- Ted Yoho - Florida: Winner. I had a teacher named Mr. Yoho. Hell I'd vote for him just on his name alone.
- Senator Orrin Hatch - Utah: Winner. Yeah, being a solid Senator for years, and a Republican Mormon in the State of Utah, I doubt Palin's help was warranted.
- Ted Cruz - Texas: Winner. A Republican being elected in Texas? I'm shocked! Of course Cruz has come out and stated how he wouldn't be elected if weren't for her. Yeah.
- Deb Fischer - Nebraska: Winner.
- Richard Mourdock - Indiana: Loser. Not shocking as this is the same guy who claimed pregnancies as the result of rape are God's will.
- Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch - Wisconsin: Winner.
- Representative Sandy Adams - Florida: Loser.
- Sarah Steelman - Missouri: Loser. She even lost the primary election, which is a spectacular fail when you consider she had one of the most visible Republicans at her side.
So Palin, who laughingly had a documentary about her called Undefeated, is still a loser and her Super PAC, called Sarah PAC, wants you to donate to help a failure continue to be such. That is the logic of today's GOP, and it's pathetic. If the GOP is to ever turn itself around it needs to produce winners, and Palin is clearly not the one to do that. Republicans shouldn't be known as the party of bad investments.
"Buck up or stay in the truck." - Sarah Palin