Scott, author of Life is Grand, Love is Real and Beauty is Everywhere!, has posted a tagalicious survey which I found interesting. Although he didn't tag me directly I thought I'd rip him off and answer questions about how I feel about my blog. Enjoy.
1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog's content and look?
Eh the content could be better, but overall I'm satisfied with it. The look of my blog is pretty vanilla, but I want the content to speak rather than the visuals.
2) Does your family know about your blog?
Some do yes.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog?
Nah. Funny is that most of them don't read it. I actually am more embarrassed to know that some of my family reads this.
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
Interesting question. Blogging hasn't changed my opinion on much other than the fact that any useless writer can be quoted by the legitimate press (Yeah I still can't get over that).
Blogging, and of course reading blogs, have changed my opinion on the power of the written word and it's affect on our ever changing media. For good or for ill we simple folk do have influence amongst millions simply by hitting the "publish post" button. While my blog is not powerful by any means, nor do I intend it to be, I do think people should understand the possible consequences of soliciting your opinions.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I visit a log of blogs that have nothing to do with mine, although I do make an effort to visit those who comment on my posts, all two of them.
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
I find having a counter is hilarious. It's always funny to see how people come across my blog, especially those who google search for porn or boobies. Poor disapointed souls they are.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
Every blogger on my blog roll is hot. The women look like circa 1950s pin up models and the guys are blessed with adonis like builds.
Actually I don't know what most of them look like, but still I imagine that all of them are drop dead gorgeous. I'm pretty shallow.
For a long time I didn't post a picture of myself, until recently. The mystery that is what I look like is over.
8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
Blogging hasn't made me a better person if that's what your asking, but it has been cathartic at times when I post about something I feel passionatley about. The only benefit I can claim is that thirty years from now I can look at this and get to know the man that I once was.
9) Do you think that blogger's society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
I don't think so. If we didn't interact there would be almost nothing to post about, or at least the content would be so dry there would be nothing to add to someone's thoughts or opinions. It takes real world experience for real insight.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Criticism is always healthy such as the time someone called me a 'closet fag'.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I get political sometimes on my blog and no I don't fear myself. In fact most of the blogs I read are about politics, whether I agree or disagree with them. It's interesting to hear how widespread the opinion of others can be on any topic however banal they may be.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I have no idea what you are referring to. If you're talking about people posting about conspiracy to commit a crime, well I'm not that shocked. Yeah I'm surprised people are that dumb, but then again I shouldn't be.
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
Nothing really. I'm sure the people who read this who don't know me in real life will wonder what happened to me. Then again they may just delete me from their browser favorites and be done with it.
14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
There are so many songs I like to hear, but I'll never link any of them to my blog. This is Blogger, not MySpace.
15) The next victims?
Ehh nobody in particular. Enjoy it.