Jun 29, 2008

Motorcycles

Friday night I joined in the festivities concerning Andrea growing a year older. I had a great time watching her consume alcohol at a ridiculous rate and everyone seemed to enjoy it as well. I may or may not consumed too much, but that wasn't the point. It was her day after all and she seemed happy all could attend.

The rest of the weekend I mostly shopped. Yes a shopping weekend. My motorcycle safety course is next week so the purchase of boots and gloves were in order. I went to look around at bikes and noticed the inventory has depleted to a great degree. Seems with the gas prices people are more inclined to purchase something that can actually get over 40 miles a gallon.

I went and looked at Harleys, but after much thought I doubt they would be what I'm looking for in a first bike so I made my way down to another shop to take a look. I've finally narrowed it down to two. The weekend following my test, assuming I pass and get my endorsement, I'll be looking at getting one of the following bikes.
This is the Suzuki Boulevard C50. A nice looking bike for sure, but the engine is a bit bigger than what I was originally looking for.

This is the 08 Honda Shadow 750. This is probably what I'm going to get.

I'm actually kind of nervous about this purchase. I want it to be something that I can ride well since I'll be doing it often. I'm sure I'll wreck it at some point, casue the old saying goes it's not a matter of 'if' you're going to wreck, but a matter of 'when'.

After much more shopping I finally did the same old thing I always do every Sunday. Went to the gym, laundry, dishes, etc. I sit here again, alone on a Sunday night, watching a thunderstorm, and wondering if she even gives me a thought. Probably not me thinks. That's for the best.

At least for her.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for coming. I'm just glad you didn't get to revisit the alcohol like I did in the Keg bathroom. The hangover was particularly bad as I had tons of things to do all day Sat! Thank science for prescription headache meds!
That Shadow is very sexy! I hope I get a ride eventually? I got the tattoos, the foul mouth and hell, I may even wear chaps if requested. ;)

SareBeth said...

Are you going to grow a ponytail, and sport the chaps even when your not driving the bike? tehehe

Too bad you didn't pick the bike Grace and I liked.

Mang said...

those chaps better have a crotch, that's all im sayin...

Glad you had a good time WIWILLIE!

JLee said...

I like the Honda and I also like the HST quote. So true...so true.

Sunday nights have always seemed melancholy/lonely to me.

Grace said...

Those are two good-looking bikes. Whichever one you get, I'm sure it'll be great... and hopefully you won't ever wreck it *crossing my fingers*

Jessica said...

You're surely going to pick up lotsa women once you're a "Motorcycle Man!"