Jun 12, 2012

It's time to create

After a few weeks of careful thought and soul searching, I figured it's time to be a photographer again. There was no real stunning revelation, or moment of clarity, it was just something I've missed doing. My friend has gotten a bit of the shutterbug, who has shown some talent, and has been trying to pass on the virus to me in order to do some weddings and what not. It worked.

I've caught the bug again and it's been on my brain for some time now. The medium has made numerous changes since my day of actually using film. I spent many an hour just masking negatives, calculating the cost per negative, and negotiating prices with labs. Now I can take as many shots as I want and all it will cost me is time.

While I enjoy my job I will only take this venture as a weekend warrior. I don't miss running a studio, spending long hours, and eating dinner at 9pm. Having a family factors into that decision highly, and there's a reason that many in the business are divorced.

I'm actually excited about this and do hope this will work out beneficially for all involved.

"Millions of men have lived to fight, build palaces and boundaries, shape destinies and societies; but the compelling force of all times has been the force of originality and creation profoundly affecting the roots of human spirit." - Ansel Adams

No comments: