Jun 4, 2012

You should read Country Mouse in the City for exciting prizes

Claire, of the Country Mouse in the City, posted a contest where the contestant was required to plug the blog in any online arena they take part it, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, hell even Myspace. The prize was a couple of books selected from a list she has. I did so, thinking I never win these things, but it was worth a shot.

Amazingly my wife enters the house saying we got a package. She opened it and proclaimed there was a book on Africa. Ye Gods I'm a big winner! I received the books; The Fate of Africa and Nothing to Envy. The latter is something I'm having difficulty putting down, as it's a fascinating look at the ordinary lives of people living inside the hermit kingdom of the Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea, or North Korea as known by most.

See, everyone's a big winner when you read blogs!

"I love to read....and what better way to share that love than by hosting a BOOK giveaway?" - Claire

2 comments:

Claire said...

Yay! I'm glad it was a pleasant surprise. I adored 'Nothing To Envy'. Enjoy!

Miss Ash said...

Woo hoo congrats!!