Aug 9, 2012

Attempts to bing justice, ends poorly

The other day I found myself yet again the victim of a random text message, but this went in ways I could've never predicted. The text came in innocently, asking how I was doing. I had no idea who it was, so I responded I was doing well, and asked how they were. They responded asking when they can see me.

Having no idea who it was I pointed them out to that fact. They (he) apologized and then asked how old I was, assuming I was a girl for whatever reason. Thinking this may be the guy who's been messing with me sending all kinds of weird texts I decided to respond that I was 23. He said he was 26 and asked if I had a man. I said no.

I then decided to mess with the ass clown. I sent him a pic of a girl in a bikini, which sparked his interest saying it was me. I told him there was a problem, that I was born a guy. This didn't seem to bother him and asked if him being a Mexican, or "mex" as he put it, would be a deal breaker. I said it didn't and told him I was fifteen years old. He seemed to not care as long as I wasn't a decoy. We kept interacting and he bought the fact that I was a fifteen year old with the body of a 24 year old who born a boy and a virgin. They guy wanted to meet up.

I relayed this to the wife, and she mentioned that we may want to bring this to the proper authorities, as the guy seemed to be a pedophile. After relaying the incident to others, they responded that it may be a good idea to see the police about the matter. My wife called our local PD, who said they could send an officer to meet me, or we could stop by and file a report.

So after work the wife and I go to our local police station to speak with a cop about this. After much wait a cop shows up and I relay the incident to him, complete with transcript in my hand. The cop seemed none to amused. His sweat filled brow started to wrinkle a bit, and then he interrupted my tale to inform me that I committed a crime of impersonation, and I was looking to spend the night in jail. He took out his handcuffs and showed them to us in an attempt to make me nervous, which for a few seconds it did, but it rattled the nerves of my wife. I was sitting there dumbfounded that this was happening, and the portly office decided to give me a stern lecture as to why we shouldn't "PLAY THESE GAMES." After he kept repeating himself, my wife lept in my defense, telling him we were trying to do the right thing and had little to no interest in committing a crime, but all that accomplished was giving the cop another in to talk down to us as if we were ten years of age, repeating himself as if it warranted.

I sat and kept quiet, still baffled by what was going on. I couldn't believe that this was illegal, as the entire crew of "To Catch a Predator" would be rotting in prison. Plus there was no victim in the alleged crime I committed, so I was wondering if the DA would say to themselves, "You know what, throwing a guy in prison for trying to out a pedophile would be great for this department's image." Even more confusing was the fact that this cop was more interested in yelling at me than in a 26 year old guy who wants to fuck a fifteen year told girl. I remained polite, as he seemed like a cop who'd rather see me tazed then actually enforcing the law, so I didn't say much and when given the chance, I thanked him for his time and that we would be on our way. He agreed and said he wouldn't put me in jail and this was his stern warning, which was not only unnecessary, but ludicrous. Also, he didn't take down the potential pedophile's information, nor had any interest in doing so.

We walked out of there and the wife was horribly upset by the events that took place, while I kept trying to process what had just happened. No good deed goes unpunished.

“The challenge for us is also to make it journalistically solid.” - Chris Hansen

2 comments:

wigsf3 said...

I find it ironic that I have to prove I'm not a robot just to comment on this blog.

Anonymous said...

When the police won't do anything, there's always twitter.

~L