Oct 26, 2012

Wiwille goes to the bathroom, goes poorly.

Bathroom etiquette at work is something I normally don't give much thought to, thankfully. Still there are times when I experience something odd at work that leaves me with all sorts of questions I dare not answer.

Today I was in a stall, doing the necessary, when the guy in the stall next to me decided to slam his door, for reasons I'll never know. As a result, my door became unlatched and opened, so I kicked it closed, but it wouldn't latch back. The mechanism would no longer reach to keep it closed, so there I was with the door swinging open. I tried to keep the door shut with my foot, but being cursed with short legs I failed in my attempt. So basically I the door kept opening, I kept pushing it shut, repeat over and over again, all the while I was keeping busy on the toilet. Finally I gave up, stood up with my pants around my ankles, and did the weird pants-down shuffle to another stall, which thankfully no one bore witness to.

As I finished my business, someone got into the stall next to me with the malfunctioning door. As I washed my hands the poor bastard was pushing the door shut every four seconds. The stall had claimed another victim, and I'm sure he won't be the last.

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance - waiting for the bathroom." - Bob Hope



1 comment:

Miss Ash said...

I love that you actually shuffled with your pants around your ankles to the next stall rather than you know...pull them up!

My coworker once came into my office laughing and laughing. She had gone to a lone washroom where the door opens up into a busy hallway and had left the door wide open. There she sat, doing her business and realized, shit the door is open!