Sep 14, 2011

I don't care.

For those of you unfamiliar, Deadliest Warrior is a reality show that simulates the possibilities of two types of historical combatants squaring off and decides a winner. Those who have read this blog for a while can probably guess that I'm a huge fan of this show.

Tonight for their two part season finale the producers have decided to give the viewers a whole new twist. They've pitted zombies vs vampires.

I'm about thirty minutes into the episode and I've lost all sense of caring. I'm about as interested in this finale as I am at the possibility of seeing the new film Moneyball. To all those who lack a frontal lobe, that means I'm not very engaged in the television program.

I'm about to beg the world to just let this stupid zombie fad die the death it should've been given back in 1986. I just don't get the appeal of enjoying a horror villain that has no personality what so ever. Vampires I somewhat get, but nothing more can be said for them. Actually as fictional characters they've jumped the shark decades ago, probably when Andy Warhol produced a film about Dracula. Yeah it exists. Yes it's just awful.

I mean why would they chose this match up after seeing such great episodes as Teddy Roosevelt vs T.E. Lawrence or Spartan vs Ninja? Clearly the only fantasy battle worthy of the legacy of this show is Yoda vs Superman.

"I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters." - George A. Romero

1 comment:

Shaun@Work said...

I lost interest in the show when they didn't do 'Pirate vs. Ninja'. I mean, COME ON! How can you MISS THAT!?!?