Jan 31, 2007

Wiwille receives compliment, doesn't know how he feels about it.

A while back I had an IM session with a coworker and we were chatting away about nothing that pertains to work. She asked me if I've ever read the works of Tucker Max. I said I'm familiar with his work, such as the infamous Astroglide story, and she replied that she was a huge fan.

She then went on to say that I reminded her of him; however I'm a lot less cocky. I didn't know how to take that, but I thanked her considering she enjoys his writing. I then went on to read his website as I haven't seen it in years. I'm still not sure how to feel about her comparison between myself and this self absorbed misogynist called Tucker Max.

I read through most of his stories and a lot of it is entertaining, although I do believe an ass load of creative liberties were taken in his crafting of true life events. Still the amount of disdain he has towards the numerous women he's slept with, which he claims is upwards of 200, and the absolute disregard of social norms makes me wonder if I actually give off some of that same vibe. Although I'm nowhere near as good looking as Tucker and I cannot claim I've bedded anywhere near that many females, I do love and respect the fairer sex.

My coworker probably just made a literary comparison, which again I don't know how to take, and maybe I'm looking too much into this, but still I never want to come off as some Tom Leykis worshipping man whore who offends people just for the sake of my own personal amusement.

After reading Tucker's site I believe he would hate the fact that anyone would compare me to him given he seems so in love with his own self.

"I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead." - Tucker Max

Tucker Max
Tucker Max Is A Douchebag

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

I'm pretty sure she was just making a comparison about the number of funny stories you have and your skills as a storyteller. And the fact that some of your stories tend to be a bit lewd.

rawbean said...

Yea I think it's just the writing style. I just read the Astroglide story - GROSS!