Jan 9, 2007

Yeah go ahead and call Wiwille a pansy.

I came across some news that will probably only matter to me. I see that 'Fiddler on the Roof' is being re-released as a 2 disk special edition. My eyes lit up and a bright smile came to my face as this is one of my favorite films ever.

Then it dawned on me that I already have the bare bones edition on DVD and I've seen the movie more times than I can count. I've watched it on stage a few times, plus I used to sing the songs while changing the lyrics to suit my dirty mind.

You know what? I'll still buy it. I'm learning to embrace my geekness as well as any facade I may have created that I am the type who would never watch a musical. Call me a wuss. Go ahead I dare you.

It's funny how I get all gleeful over a musical as well as stuff like this. I don't get myself sometimes.

"There was a lot of argument over my casting of Topol. The Americans wanted Zero Mostel. I thought he was too American. I wanted a first-generation Russian Jew." - Norman Jewison

Fiddler on the Roof (2-Disc Collector's Edition)

3 comments:

rawbean said...

Best statement ever: "I don't get myself sometimes."

Do you like any other musicals? My favorite is Les Miserables.

Wiwille said...

Rawbean - Yeah I have other musical interests. I finally saw Les Miserables on stage and enjoyed it. Camelot, Paint Your Wagon, and Sound of Music have ranked up there with me.

Anonymous said...

Les Mis is great. Singin' In The Rain is a great film musical.
But what the heck is that TQ of the Past 2 thing?