Feb 19, 2008

Falls on deaf ears

I was listening to NPR last night and they were reporting about Kosovo declaring independence from Serbia. Nations are split about recognizing their succession and some, like Russia, are claiming that it violates international law. Tensions are mounting as Serbia has given the boot to the US ambassador given our support of an independent Kosovo. Does this sound familiar at all to you? No?

You stopped reading haven't you? I could type anything here and no one would be the wiser. I recently pulled a Yugo out of my ass and drove it to the big top candy mountain where I played strip Battleship with various heads of state as peyote was passed between us and Dan Rather pontificated about how he believes there should be more breasts on the evening news while members of the Skull & Bones......

Okay that got silly.

"If there is ever another war in Europe, it will come out of some damned silly thing in the Balkans." -Prince Otto von Bismarck

7 comments:

Miss Ash said...

Peyote eh? How was it? Didn't Aldous Huxley take that while writing the Doors of Perception...

Anonymous said...

Bismarck was a prince?

And that breasts thing was tried. Remember Naked News? I tell ya, breasts are amazing, really really amazing, where was I going with this? Oh right, breasts. Yay for boobies!

Mattbear said...

Aldous wrote about taking mescaline in Doors of Perception, which is the main active hallucinogen in peyote. Peyote is a cactus and contains mescaline and 15 other psychoactive chemicals. While mescaline is the most powerful one, peyote trips are somewhat different than pure mescaline trips.

Whoa...I mean, what's peyote? Somebody took over my keyboard and typed that. I don't know anything about this peyote stuff.

More seriously, the Kosovo situation is getting worse:
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hhNa0bJTTse0lrdkJpAnOy_XaRZg

Knowing that area of the world, though, it's going to get much much worse.

Jessica said...

A Yugo? Really? Dude, that's gotta smart.

Scott said...

Should be some pretty interesting times in Kosovo. Such a complicated history.

I know how you feel about the political posts, god do they go by most people eh? haha

Big Ben said...

The frenchies in Queerbec up here tried to split but we wouldn't let them. I don't know too much about the former USSR so I can't really commenton it.

Wiwille said...

Miss Ash - What Mattbear said.

WIGSF - Never saw Naked News. I should.

Mattbear - Thanks for educating the readers of Erik's Ramblings.

FC - I had some good lube.

Scott - Readers probably like it more then I give them credit for, but I know not as much as a boobies post.

BB - Ever think one day Quebec will just say 'fuck you' and split anyways?