Jan 20, 2008

Trivial pursuit.

I was out that evening coming back from a little shopping. My cell rings. It was the my roommate, the Jiggaman. He only calls when he needs something.

"Hey man," he said. "What are you doing tonight?"

"No plans," I said.

"I need a partner," he asked. "Some coworkers are coming over for games and we need a person to even the teams."

"Sounds like fun."

I go home and start to get the place ready for company. The Jiggaman arrives with his coworkers and we all get ready to play some Trivial Pursuit. Jiggaman picks out the teams. Him and I are partnered up with one of his coworkers ready to take on our opponents.

We sit down and his coworker looks at me and smiles.

"Are you dumb?" she asked. "Cause I really want to win this game."

"Well..," I said a little dumbfounded, but amused. "You'll soon find out."

And that's how I met the Pretty Girl.

We ended up winning thanks to my superior knowledge of everything that exists. Actually the three of us made a good team when the Jiggaman wasn't directly sabotaging us. It was a good game.

"God may not play dice but he enjoys a good round of Trivial Pursuit every now and again." -Federico Fellini

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I did this weekend was play Monopoly, apparently named after streets in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

You learn something new everyday.