Sep 21, 2009

Wiwille is wrong

So I'm in Best Buy yesterday and I had to use their restroom. I walk in and immediately notice there are no urinals. Strange I thought. There's a line of stalls, but there's nothing to stand up to. Then I see a bottle of Purel hand soap sitting on the counter.

Holy hell I'm in the wrong bathroom!

I tear out of there and fling open the other door. I waltz in and see a lady standing before me wide eyed with her lower jaw hanging at her knees. I stare at her, point, and yell 'WRONG' like some over zealous game show host.

I stumble out the bathroom at a furious pace and find myself face to face with the correct gender specific restroom door. I walk in, but I'm confused. I'd never seen a restroom without a place for a man to stand nor one with brand specific hand soap.

I go into a stall and to my surprise see a urinal before me. I do my business, but can't help but think of the poor lady. What could've possibly went through her head when I shouted at her? Did she think they had cameras in there and I was commenting on her skills with toilet paper or hand washing? If so will she now be forever scared to relieve herself in a public toilet?

All I had to do was just look down and beg her pardon for entering the wrong door, but instead my lack of social graces caught up with me. She did nothing wrong, unless she was shooting heroin between her toes. Hey it was in Everett. It's possible. Not likely though.

"If I want to be alone, some place I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want - I go to the bathroom." - Alicia Keys

4 comments:

wigsf said...

I would have just said there was a li...

Best Buy has public facilities?

Unknown said...

Only you... First at deaf people, now at innocent ladies who have to pee. Good Job!

Miss Ash said...

Poor woman....

Men don't have brand specific handsoap? I guess we're spoiled....granted it depends on the facilities.

AccountDeleted said...

I like to think of this as a sign or an omen of some sort.