May 12, 2010

Brösten

Last night was a historic night. For the first time in my personal history I entered an establishment I never thought I'd find myself in. I entered Hooters and soaked in the atmosphere.

It was everything I expected. Skinny waitresses, some with more than ample bosom, greeted me with a smile. There were many big screens adorning the walls and people of all ages, races, and genders were enjoying some fried food.

I was meeting Kelly's brother, step dad, and father there for drinks and camaradeire. We sat at a table and was greeted by a pretty brunette with slow talking mannerisms. She was raising money for breast cancer, an affliction that ran in her family. We didn't want hers to go to waste so I gave her two dollars.

After a couple mugs of beer we finally get our order of tater tots and wings. I've heard many different reviews concerning the food at Hooters. Some say the food is terrible, others take a liking to it. Finally it was my turn to judge for myself.

It wasn't half bad. I've had far better wings, but if you like a lot of breading on your chicken you'll certainly enjoy them. The tater tots were soaked in cheese and sour cream which was a cardiovascular delight.

The older men drank more and flirted with our waitress while rarely making eye contact. Understandable. They were pretty prominent and sometimes more interesting then hearing her talk about her personally life of pot, baseball, and an a boyfriend of four years. She went through the motions of feigning interest in the older gents' banter.

Nothing of real importance happened really, but the four of us had a great time talking, drinking, and eating more than we should have. It was cool being included in their social circle and I'm proud that one day I'm going to be a part of this family.

Oh on a side note...we're going to Redneck Heaven next time.

"Women are always complaining about men's fascination with breasts. But what if men were absolutely indifferent to breasts? What would women do then with these things that serve one function once or twice in a lifetime, and the rest of the time are just in the way?" - Jonathan Carroll

4 comments:

wigsf said...

Wait, you went to Hooters with the men that will soon be your in-laws, in Texas, and you didn't get buckshot in your back??? You're in.

Mattbear said...

What I find weird is that her father and her step-father were hanging out with you.

Miss Ash said...

LOL @ Mattbear!!!

Ummm I'm pretty sure people don't go there for the food....I'm just sayin....so it probably could be subpar and nobody would complain.

Anonymous said...

me too, Mattbear!!!!
sw