May 30, 2010

Letter

Now that having kids is coming closer to a reality than a surreal dream I felt it necessary to step up my game regarding finding my birth parents, or at the very least my medical history. I pulled out all my records and filled out a form I received from the agency that placed me with my parents.

I glanced over making sure I had as much information as needed. On the form it asked for my birth name. I don't have one, at least none that I'm aware of. Did my birth parents name me? Assuming they're still alive do they recall my birthdays and refer to me as the namesake they gave me for the short amount of time before I was placed in the care of others? Are they or my siblings, if I have any, notorious figures like Charles Manson?

These questions may go unanswered as my main goal is to find my medical history for the sake of my yet to be conceived children. If that's all the information I find then I'll be happy.

I placed the envelope in the mailbox and let out a sigh of hope. I just want this to be over with.

"My adoption was treated as a celebration." - Michael Reagan

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It is difficult not to know, but also more comfortable than the searching, wondering, and breath-holding of trying to find out. Hang in there! I wish you the best of luck!

Princess Pessimism said...

omg what a tough spot to be in, i cant even imagine having all of those questions and not knowing - you could have an entire other family. Is this exciting to you, or terrifying?

Best of luck!!!