May 6, 2011

A wee Wiwille to come

After months of failed attempts my wife is finally with child. Yes the force is strong with my swimmers and soon Kelly will unleash the most awesome baby in the whole wide world out of her uterus.

We had been planning on getting pregnant since our wedding night, but sadly the task was more daunting for us than others. Some of our friends got pregnant by simply looking at a member of the opposite sex. We tried and tried by reading up on pregnancy science, which is a relatively new field, and engaging in every old wives' tale we could think of. For months I would be woken up to the depressing news that our swimmers and eggs weren't prone to meeting.

Finally after all hope seemed lost she woke my groggy self out of bed at some unholy hour announcing that the test proved positive. I was excited as well as relieved. We did it. We finally did it.

"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul." - Robert Anton Wilson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first in the blogosphere to congratulate you and Mrs. Wiwille. Huzzah!

Let me be the first in the blogosphere to bow down to your mighty manness. You have seed and it has spread.

Also, let me be the first in the blogsophere to say "God, I hope this doesn't turn into one of those 'Oh look how cute my ugly baby is' blogs." I hate those.

Anonymous said...

One more thing. I heard that in Texas, every time a baby is born, a representative from the Republican party has to witness the birth. And should the baby be born with horns and a tail, the Republican takes the baby away and either sacrifices it to their christian god, or runs it in the next election. Any truth to that?

Mattbear said...

My nephew and his wife have been trying for a couple of years now. You actually did this pretty quick.

Greg Saum said...

Many congrats to you and your wife! May the Force be strong with this one! :)

Claire said...

Huge, huge congratulations! I am so very thrilled for your both! :D

Cxx

Claire said...

PS I've also namechecked you for an award on my blog, but that rather pales into insignificance now.... ;)