Jun 6, 2011

You're not hot.

Often times I hear stories from single ladies that are frustrated they get hit on by creepy older dudes who dress as if fashion stopped in 1988. I used to wonder about these guys, thinking they may have just been desperate and/or clueless about their appeal. Turns out they suffer from a real disorder called Hotness Delusion Syndrome.

Apparently there are far more single women than single men over the age of forty. Consequently these males are likely to be pursued to a greater degree, giving them the delusion that they're actually more attractive than they actually are. So if they're being told their hair plugs and gold chains are appealing they'll continue to flaunt them. Obviously men are going to up the ante and try for younger women when the cougars give them attention they in no way deserve. Sure they'll get shot down, or they may not.

Funny enough the only seemingly cure for this disorder is marriage. I can't make this stuff up.

"He can be balding and paunchy, but this is not what he sees in the mirror. He sees nothing less than trim, taut and, so he is told, terrific." - Bernard Salt

Middle-aged men have 'hotness delusion syndrome'

2 comments:

Miss Ash said...

That made me laugh! I love the "HDS" I'm totally going to steal that next time I'm out!

JLee said...

lol @ WIGSF! I had a guy say to me recently "I know you are as into me as I am into you" Really?? NOT REALLY! You have to give men props for trying I guess. We have to keep this human race going. hahah