Apr 16, 2006

Happy Easter.

This weekend proved to be quite the Easter weekend. Usually Easters have been hit or miss for me. Some have been dull, some have been fun, and some have been down right weird. This Easter was fun, yet interesting at the same time.

Saturday kicked off with helping Joe and Megan move into their new home. The house is a nice one and the move was pretty painless. Upon arriving at the new house I found it to be painted in a lavender color with dark purple trim. It offended every fiber of my being. When the former owners came by to pick up mail I wanted to stab them in the eye just for making me look at it. I hate painting, but I offered Joe my services in getting a new color for his house.

Megan fired up what was the most beautiful grill I have ever seen. Completely stainless steel, it had a natural gas attachment that hooked up straight to the house. I offered to grill the burgers which made everyone happy, none more than me though. I love grilling. Every time I stand in front of a grill I want to rip off my shirt Hulk Hogan style and beat my hairy chest while screaming a battle cry that would make a Mongol horde flee in terror. As I cook the meat I get a sense of manliness not known to anyone that hasn't worked the steel tongs. Grilling beef is always better with a sense of danger.

Later that night Joe put on the UFC and we sat and watched people beat the living shit out of each other. There were some great fights that night and fun was had by all.

On the way home I decided to drop into the local grocery store to pick out an Easter gift for the Pretty Girl. I was standing in the floral section where I noticed two other guys were there by their lonesome. We all gave that man nod to each other, acknowledging the fact that there were about a thousand different places we'd rather be than standing in a floral department making the almost nonsensical quest of trying to make out significant others happy with gifts we know nothing about. That nod is used often by me in clothing stores, boutiques, etc. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I believe the man nod says millions.

Today was pretty uneventful other than the fact it actually didn't rain in Seattle. The Pretty Girl and I went to church followed by a nice breakfast. Tonight I go into work with too little sleep once again.

I'll tell my favorite Easter joke passed on to be me by Andrew:

What's the best beer for Easter?
Rolling Rock

Happy Easter from the folk at Erik's Ramblings.

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there." - Clarence W. Hall

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

"The Nod" - the best time and place to see this demonstrated is any Hallmark store between 9 and 11am on Mother's Day. It then bears the added message, "Yes, I'm a jerk and forgot, too."

Jinsane said...

The Man Nod is the one of the most hilarious things I've ever witnessed. And you're right - it's says it all!