May 5, 2008

Broken hearts and broken dreams

Dreams. They're what happiness are made of. They bring us hope, joy, and sometimes the drive to have a better life. They're what drive us to be better lovers, friends, family members, and employees (especially those that don't waste time blogging at work).

So my day winds down at work and I look forward to calling this a pleasant Monday. Work was slow, conversation was good, and overall it was a good day...didn't even have to use my A-K....word....

Sorry got a little carried away there.

Anyways I get an IM from a coworker. Then another from a friend, then another, then another, and a few emails pour in all in the time span of about fifteen minutes. Each and every message contained a link to a news article that would shatter my very existence. A story that has crushed my soul and is making me rethink that simply getting out of bed, or even breathing, is worth the effort.

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are now engaged. Yes the woman that was to be my angel, to make me believe in love again, has now committed herself to walking down the aisle with the co-star of Blade part 3 (cause enough wasn't said in the first two). Granted the guy is far better looking, wealthier, funnier...err...damn I can't blame her really.

Still this news is sad as I can no longer hold on to that glimmer of hope that maybe one day she'll be mine, cause you know I had a chance. So dear readers the content of Erik's Ramblings will shift away from mildly obsessive posts about my favorite curvy debutant, but my heart will always hold a candle to my once muse.

"Are you stalking me? Because that would be super." - Ryan Reynolds

Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Reynolds engaged

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you had to make sure that I was poisoned with this news as well since I am obsessed with her now fiancé. I just don’t blog about it. I guess I can’t blame him either. She is hot. I will continue to obsess silently. *Sigh* A moment of silence for us both….

Mizzle said...

You'll find another someone...it'll be better. Gwyneth Paltrow possibly?

Grace said...

I just heard it on the radio and immediately thought of you... so sorry. Then again, he was engaged to Alanis before and then broke it off, so you may still have a chance.

Miss Ash said...

Finally ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, once she finds out Ryan is Canadian, she'll dump him and leave him in the gutter. At which point, you swoop in with Rick Derringer's "I am a real American" playing on a boombox. And she will be yours.

AccountDeleted said...

I tried to tell her not to, many times, I must have sent her a thousand emails and I also called a few times... I'm sorry dude. Oh well, at least she's not getting married on your birthday.

Jessica said...

I actually thought of you when I read the article on People.com.

I'll probably feel similar if George Clooney gets engaged!!

Wiwille said...

PK - Together we mourn our loss.

Mizzle - I think obsessing over Ann Hathaway is in order.

Grace - Thanks for thinking of me. I won't hold my breath though as I think this one might work. I mean I would never break up with Scarlett.

Miss Ash - Starving for new content are we?

WIGSF - Yes I believe Rick Derringer is the key to nailing a crush.

Pablog - Thanks for looking out for me.

FC - I doubt that man will ever get engaged, unless of course he steals Scarlett from Ryan.

SareBeth said...

awe.. Poor poor Erik.