My complex is finally clear of ice and I'm ready to brave the roads. This pleases me. No longer will I have to be stuck here at my apartment spending quality time alone.....err....I mean playing video games and watching movies. Yeah that's it.
So today I'll leave you with a meme that I stole from Claire. Enjoy.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Well some random guy grabbed my packaged and said hello. I didn't punch him. I call that a victory.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did resolve to sing more Neil Diamond songs and accomplished just that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone close.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday. Quite possibly the most bittersweet birthday I've ever had.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
That I'm still employed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My personal life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lost 20% of my left kidney to some strange blood clot. Very surreal.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A gift for someone I hold dear.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Just the fact that the people in my life put up with me deserves celebration. Andrea and Justin's wedding was definatley a reason to drink up.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Besides my own?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being able to leave my home. Drinking.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Nothing in particular.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner, richer, but really not content for whatever reason.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Something less self destructive.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas Eve drinking and staying up late with my best friend. Holiday cheer!
21. Did you meet/date anyone special in 2008?
Yes I did.
What the hell happened to 22?
23. How many one-night stands?
Only one and god bless her for she's way hot.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hmmm, well no one that's not involved in politics.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I drank with my best friend and turned 33. Deja Vu?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I complete revamped my wardrobe.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You haven't read this blog much have you?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The recent turmoil in Gaza.
First 22 and now 37 is missing?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I've met so many this year it would be ridiculous to name just one.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
The people in your life are the most valuable asset you'll ever have.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Pardon me boy, is that the Chatanooga Choo Choo?
"Why do you judge me as a musician, John? All I'm interested in is making money." - Glenn Miller