Nov 4, 2010

Thursday Music

Sometimes I surprise myself with the music I tend to like. I'll be listening to the radio and a song will come on that does not fit the genre that I'm normally accustomed to, but for whatever reason I'm drawn to it. Usually though after a few listens I get bored with it as it offers little more than catchy beats and simple lyrics.

Such is the case with The Temper Trap's 'Fader'. I was driving to Lowe's one day and I heard the song play over the airwaves (yes I'm one of the few that still listens to terrestrial radio for music when I'm not tuned into NPR) and was hooked. You can tell their influences as they make it kind of obvious, but still I enjoy it's simplistic melody.

This song has not been what one would call a hit spanning cross genres, but that's to be expected. So today I bring you a song which will be largely be forgotten soon by consumers, sadly.

"Anybody who thinks pop music's easy should try to make a pop single and find out that it isn't." - Robert Wyatt

1 comment:

Claire said...

Nice choice! I quite like The Temper Trap, they are growing on me for sure!

Cxx