Mar 2, 2011

Our sport

I know watching celebrities self destruct is America's favorite past time, but I don't get all the interest in Charlie Sheen. I've largely ignored the news stories, Facebook posts, and blogs regarding the drug addled actor, largely because I think it's sad. He's clearly mentally ill, which is hardly a laughing matter especially considering the fact that he has children.

He may be a douche. He may be a lot of things. One thing I don't get is the fact that everyone is just now coming to the realization that the man may not be all there. This is the same guy who narrated "Loose Change", the juvenile documentary that suggests that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government. He also associates himself with Alex Jones and other 'Truthers'. His antics have been known for many years, but now that he's fully a danger to himself and possibly his children he's the subject of ridicule?

I'm just sad we'll never see Hot Shots Part 3.

"Slash sat me down at his house and said, You've got to clean up your act. You know you've gone too far when Slash is saying, Look, you've got to get into rehab." - Charlie Sheen

4 comments:

Claire said...

The fascination is just a little odd to me. The whole situation just makes me feel a little sad.

Cxx

Unknown said...

I agree with you and Claire. I was surfing the net and came a cross a snippet of his 2-part interview. I didn't feel an urge to laugh, I felt sorry for him and (mainly) his family. It really is unfortunate.

Miss Ash said...

I actually fell asleep in the movie theatre watching "hot shots part deux" like head on the strangers shoulder beside me. I woke up during the credits and apologized.

JLee said...

He has gone off the deep end. I saw him on some interview yesterday and it looked like he had aged 20 years...