Mar 12, 2007

How to pick up girls.

They say picking up a girl is an art, something many guys lack talent in. The good folks at MSNBC have interviewed various bartenders and asked them what they felt was the best way to approach a girl in various hotspots. The advice they give seems to be sound as they preach the virtues of having a signature drink, giving undivided attention, and picking out girls by their choice of alcohol. I always thought my idea of grabbing girls and licking their necks would work, but sadly I found that was better in theory than in practice.

My only advice to men is to be hot and rich. Really rich. Blind stinkin rich. Actually if you're not hot than being wealthy would suffice. If you're not making six figures pretend like you do. They're going to fake their orgasm later anyways.

Honestly my only advice to trying to talk to a girl is to simply go up and do it. You'll fail at times, have success in others, but simply approaching them is half the battle. Don't be some guy you're not. Just do what feels right and let the chips fall where they may. Easy for me to say since I have a girlfriend, but if it worked for someone who unfortunatley looks like I do then it might work for you.

The best tool to have while trying to pick up a girl is best illustrated in the commercial below, one of my favorite ads of all time.

"I don't know the first real thing about the dating game. I don't know how to talk to a specific person and connect. I just think you have to go to person by person and do the best you can with people in general." - Jason Schwartzman




Bartenders’ best pickup advice

4 comments:

Scott said...

Always bend at the knees... you don't want to throw out your back when picking up girls.

Alyssa said...

Confidence, its all about confidence. You could be a short fat bald guy who lives in a box and still be sexy if you had plenty of confidence...

and didnt stink.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Alyssa. Being funny is also a good thing. Also, ifyou have the skills, demonstrate what you can do with your tongue. Yeah, I would take that over money any day... Andrea

Anonymous said...

You should check out Real Social Dynamics. I found it on another blog that focuses on how to pick up girls - there's some really great stuff in both resources