Dec 19, 2007

Christmas tag.

Well WIGSF tagged me with an original meme. I'm not big on memes, but what my readers want they get.

1. What do you really want for Christmas but you know nobody will get it for you?

Scarlett (Oh come on. Did you really expect any other answer?)

2. What do you not want for Christmas but you know that somebody will get it for you?

Bill O'Reilly-esque book from dear old Nixon loving Grandma.

3. When do you open your gifts (Christmas eve or Christmas morning)?

Neither. I'll be celebrating it later that week.

4. Do you prefer gifts wrapped or in gift bags

In stockings hung by the chimney with care. (I said 'hung')

5. Did you regift anything this year?

I can't think of anyone who would want a book by Sean Hannity.

6. What’s your favourite Christmas movie

Christmas Vacation. It should be your favorite too.

7. What’s your favourite Christmas TV special

The Grinch. My least favorite is still 'The Star Wars Holiday Special'. (Yes it does exist).

8. Do you like egg nog?

It's been so long since I've had it I don't remember if I like it or not.

9. Real tree or fake tree, which do you prefer?

I like my trees like my women. Real.

10. Would you actually use one of those fireplace DVDs if you don’t have a fireplace?

I didn't even know they existed. Why get a DVD when that channel is playing it 24x7?

11. Are you sick of Christmas music yet?

One can never get enough of Wham's 'Last Christmas'.

12. Are you getting up early to wait in line to do some Boxing Day shopping (Canada’s equivalent to Black Friday)

Since I won't be in Canada I'd say that would be a no.

13. When was the last time you sat on Santa’s lap?

1984 I think. Way to make someone feel old there.

"I made about 28 movies, and I think about five of them were good." - Chevy Chase

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas Vacation is a really close #2. In fact, its a tossup. I picked Bad Santa because its the less obvious choice. Gotta root for the underdog.

Mattbear said...

I would say Bad Santa is a better movie, but for me nothing captures the spirit of the holiday quite like Christmas Vacation.

"If that cat had nine lives, I think he just used 'em all up!"
-quoted at my holiday party last weekend

Grace said...

I can't explain it, but my alltime fave Christmas movie that I have to watch every year in order to get into the Christmas spirit, is Home Alone. It just makes me feel all warm inside :)

Claire said...

"I like my trees like I like my women". Awesome.

Cxx

Mattbear said...

After further consideration, I have to say that my all-time favorite Christmas movie is "A Christmas Story".

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"