I've been tagged by Jlee. I'm supposed to write ten reasons why I blog.
1. The reason I started this blog was because I was facing a layoff by my company and I thought I'd chronicle my search for a new job. I got a new position with this company in less than a month so the theme changed.
2. Writing gives me a daily creative outlet. Sure instead of broadcasting my thoughts to the scrutiny of the internet I could keep them to myself, but what's the fun in that?
3. I enjoy reading other blogs and seeing the small slice of life they decided to share with others. It's interesting to try and get to know what someone's like even though I believe that auto-biography is more fiction than fact often times. Still I'm fascinated with everyones' perception on life.
4. It's fun to entertain others with my posts regardless of the topic or mood. All the world's a stage and this is just my attempt at being a storyteller.
5. Twenty, maybe thirty years from now (if I live that long god willing) I want to read this blog from the beginning to end and get to know the man I once was. I want to remember how I felt about various issues whether they be political or personal.
6. I get to post pictures of Scarlette. Nuff said.
7. When I do post about politics or film I'd like to believe that I made all two of my readers actually think about the world they inhabit.
8. I'm somewhat arrogant enough to believe that these often times mindless posts are worth being read by someone other than myself.
9. I find by the social interaction displayed amongst amateur bloggers to be highly amusing and sometimes even perplexing. I've really enjoyed watching how others interact in the comment field of my and various other blogs.
10. Blogging gives me the chance to write in a 'gonzo' fashion. My writing in almost every other line has to be formal and precise, but here I get to write a post in record time with little to no editing. It's the opportunity to have thoughts flow straight from my brain (which sometimes is under the influence of alcohol I'll admit) through my fingertips and onto this application. Here I make my own voice for good or for ill.
I could go on with many other reasons I still blog, which I've seriously considered ending, but I'll save them for another time. I won't tag anyone specifically, but if you want to do this have fun. I enjoyed it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson