This interview meme has been floating around for a while:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
At my request I received questions from not one, but two bloggers. First up we have the lovely Jlee:
1. If you could own only one cd, what would it be and why?
This is a tough one. It's like picking your favorite child. I guess if I had kids I could relate to that statement. Okay it's like picking your favorite pair of boobs.
I would probably own Glenn Miller's London Recordings. I never grow tired of listening to this album and he's one of the few artists that I've listened to all my life and never once felt any shame about it.
2. Describe your fondest memory from childhood.
My Grandpa Chuck once made me a go-kart when I was five years old. I drove that thing all around the property and it was great fun. My parents were standing there talking with each other and I decided it would be a great idea to drive the thing in between them. Dad hollered at me as I was zipping along powered by a Briggs and Straton motor. My Grandfather got a huge kick out of it laughing his ass off.
Oh there was that time I came across Grandpa Mario's naked lady calendar when I was six. That was awesome.
3. If money was no object, where would you live and why?
Well if we're talking fantasy here I'd buy my own island in the Mediterranean. Reason being is that I could easily travel to Europe or North Africa at any time. Plus having my own island would just be cool. I could ride a motorcycle all around it naked if I chose to.
4. If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose and why?
After much thought I'd probably lose my sense of smell. It would make changing in the locker room easier.
5. Cats or dogs?
While I don't hate cats I prefer dogs. They're just more fun.
Next up we have questions from the never to be duplicated WIGSF:
1. Steelers or Cardinals?
I'm not sure if you're asking who I want to win or who I think will grab the ring. I want the Cardinals to take it, but my money's on the Steelers.
2. Really, what is it about Michael Bay that angers you so?
I could write an entire post about this topic alone. While I'm not a huge fan of his films there are worse directors out there. Even at his worst (Armageddon) there's usually at least one redeeming quality regarding his films. Heck I'll watch the crapfest that is The Island again. I don't have to explain why.
Visually he's always entertaining though. His films have a great look given the genre he chooses, but he never angered me until I sat through that miserable dreck that was Pearl Harbor. With dialogue that sounded almost alien, performances so terrible even for his movies, and a story line that was convoluted at best Bay succeeded in taking an important as well as tragic historical event and made it into a simple backdrop to an incredibly corny love story.
Transformers was kind of clever at times I'll give him that. Sans the already mentioned Pearl Harbor most of his movies aren't pretentious. They're crap action films marketed to a slack jawed audience who have Thomas Kincaid paintings hanging in their bathroom.
3. Hans Solo vs. Indiana Jones, who wins in a deathmatch?
Han mostly cause Chewie would have to step in and he I believe the Wookie would kick the ever loving crap out of Short Round.
4. What's the most expensive beverage you've ordered for yourself?
I was once on a date at what some would consider an expensive restaurant. I ordered some glasses of highly recommend wine. They ended up costing me $37 a glass. A glass. It wasn't that good either.
5. Somebody hands you a chloroform rag and you've got the opportunity to knock out Ryan Reynolds, do you do it?
Nah. He's living the dream. I may be jealous, but I'm not spiteful.
"One of the best things for a woman to hear is that she is sexy." - Scarlett Johansson