Jan 31, 2011

Wiwille will cheat death.

Since I'm a new found resident of the Lone Star state it's time I involve myself with the local politics. Simply voting is not enough, so I'm thinking I may attend a Tea Party rally.

Yes you read that correctly.

Doing a simple search of them there internets you'll find there's numerous organizations in Texas all claiming to be part of the Tea Party movement. Some even are branches of the Constitution Party, which is kind of funny when you think about it. Now you may ask why I would attend such an event as the Tea Partiers (Baggers) are known the country over for their misspelled and often nonsensical protest signs.

Well I'll tell you, I'm not sure what exactly the Tea Party wants. They claim to be all about fiscal responsibility and against federal spending, but are they willing to cut programs such as Medicare, military budgets, or the War on Drugs? They claim to lean toward Libertarian values, but would they give the freedom for same sex couples to marry? Why wasn't there an outcry when the previous President start us in a spiraling deficit? Was it because he was white as so many assume? Why did they seem to like crazy people holding elected office? Do they really believe the founding fathers held really high moral standards?

See these are questions that may be worth exploring, but yet I'm kind of afraid to know the answers. Onward Christian soldier shall be my motto and I shall get to the bottom of this.

"The tea baggers. The one thing they hate is when you call them racist. The other thing they hate is black people. But they won't say it." - Bill Maher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to a tea party once. A little girl made me drink imaginary tea with a Barbie doll. How that sort of behaviour has become a political movement in your country has baffled me to no end.

Miss Ash said...

I either think of what WIGSF just described or the band the Tea Party when I heard those words LOL!

Mattbear said...

The "Tea Party" stands for whatever Glenn Beck tells them to stand for.