Feb 24, 2011

Thursday Music

Way back in the day I picked up a little known album, at least to the small town I was currently residing in, called 'Pretty Hate Machine'. I heard a track playing in the record store and asked the hippie owner what it was. He informed me it was NIN and prophesied they would be really big. Liking the song that was blaring the business' speakers I purchased it, which was huge considering the meager income I was making in those days.

The store's owner was not exactly the Oracle at Delphi, at least in regards to time. None of my friends' heard of NIN and few really gave them a second thought. It wasn't until the release of 'The Downward Spiral' that Trent Reznor's project really started sweeping the rural as well as suburban landscape. Everyone was a fan.

NIN released material after 'The Downward Spiral', with mixed results at best. I never really gave them much thought in recent years, but after seeing 'The Social Network' I changed my mind. Trent Reznor co-wrote the soundtrack and one song really stood out for me. For fans of the movie, they'll know what I'm talking about.

So today I bring you some Reznor goodness:

"Sometimes we pee on each other before we go on stage." - Trent Reznor

1 comment:

Miss Ash said...

I *heart* NIN and Trent! Good choice!!! When I saw the movie I remember thinking ahhhh this must be him as I didn't know at the time he had a piece in the movie. There's that distinct sound....