Nov 28, 2006

Even I can enjoy shopping.

Snow. I love it. I love everything about it. I look outside the window and still marvel at the magic the sky brings with it's beautiful snowflakes. I feel like a kid every time I stomp around in white covered grass or when I curl up inside with a cup of hot cocoa. I even enjoy driving in it. I do love the slow pace while I trek through the roads taking a peek at the trees with their silver lined branches.

Well I seem to be in the minority around here. Last night I was in west Seattle watching the football game with my buddy Joe and his girlfriend Megan. They cooked up a nice meal and we had a good time watching the snow fall on the players. Megan offered to have me stay there if the roads were too bad and at first I was skeptical as I pride myself on being somewhat proficient in the snow, but decided to take them up on their offer.

Next day you would think Armageddon hit Seattle. The roads were somewhat icy, but the local news anchors were constantly reporting accidents and icy conditions and warning people to stay at home. Not heeding their advice I decided to hit the roads and found them to be pretty much clear. In fact most of the freeways were completely snow free.

I got the bright idea to do some Christmas shopping as I figured hardly anyone would be out today. Well I was right. I went to Barnes & Noble, the mall, and Toys R Us and found it to be a good experience. I never had to stand in line, got help when I needed it, and had no trouble finding parking. It was incredible. I got 3/4 of my holiday shopping done within the span of a few hours. It's a Christmas miracle and all it had to take was panicky Seattlites.

Of course my boss called to make sure I would make it in tonight. I find this funny cause he didn't brave the roads to come in today. He says his car wouldn't make it. I think my boss is a smart man and I'm happy he doesn't read this.

"As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words." - William Shakespeare

No comments: