Nov 18, 2006

Wiwille analyzes celebrity culture, questions his own mental stability.

I'm a huge hypocrite. Yes I sure am. I sit here and rag on celebrity culture and the people who follow it, but really I'm no different. I follow politics and partially for it's drama. The difference is that the powerful people I follow place our world's lives at stake. Celebrities well they just make a bad movie, album, etc. Life goes on without them.

So taking a step back from writing about religious and political tension, tonight I'll focus on the mundane environment that is stardom.

Paris Hilton. We all know her and most of us hate her, yet know can stop talking about her for reasons we don't understand. I'm sure someday universities will offer courses analyzing her celebrity. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I see a day where I can sit down and watch or read a legitimate news source and not find an article/segment that mentions her. When that day comes I'll light a bonfire, strip down to a loin cloth, and dance around said fire in joyous celebration.

You may call me naive to think that the walking STD will ever be completely out of the news, but I think that day will arrive. It will take a lot from us and other celebrities. The public will simply have to stop reading and watching her while the famous bash her and stop inviting her to red carpet events. Hey if we can elect the Democrats back into office then we can give Paris the boot. Just like forest fires, only you can prevent stupid whores from achieving stardom.

I recently read an interview Tina Fey gave Howard Stern about Paris's appearance on Saturday Night Live. Tina gave the impression that everyone in the cast hated the vapid slut stating "She's a piece of shit. The people at SNL were like maybe she'll be fun, maybe she won't take herself so seriously. She takes herself so seriously! She's unbelievably dumb and so proud of how dumb she is. She looks like a tranny up close."

I think that's an insult to transvestites.

It's amazing to me to think that everyone is so hot for Paris and I'm far more attracted to Tina. Don't really know why that is.

What's funny is that when people ask me about how I feel about others who don't vote along the same lines as I do I find myself not really questioning their character. I guess I've grown to understand there are good people on both sides of any issue. That being said I now fantasize about standing outside my local Barnes & Noble waiting to find someone who purchased a copy of OJ Simpson's book and beating them senseless and sodomizing them with a sword.

I'm kind of a weird guy when I think about it.

"I was a mostly happy child, though I had a pretty rough puberty. Growing up as a girl is always traumatizing, especially when you have the deadly combination of greasy skin and getting your boobs at ten. But I think it's good to grow up that way. It builds character." - Tina Fey

Tina Fey: Paris Hilton Is A “Piece of Sh-t”

5 comments:

Harlyn said...

I'm also more attracted to Tina.

Mattbear said...

I don't know why Tina Fey does not have a general rep of being sexy. She is hot. Is it just because she's in comedy? Or is the glasses and intelligence?

Scott said...

Tina is smoking... i have always thought that. The glasses, the hair... very hot.

Scott

rawbean said...

what else ya got?

Wiwille said...

CitySoul, Mattbear, Scott - I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this.

Rawbean - Trust me my brain has far more rambling material then I have time to post.