Mar 7, 2010

Amicabiliter

At times I empathize with those looking for love. Some people just aren't socially gifted at finding a mate while others may have difficulty making it happen. It's a laborious process when searching for the one, but there are people online who seem more than willing to assist.

I posted a while back about a friend who uses some Facebook application called 'Social Me'. I'm largely unfamiliar with it as I've never used it, but apparently its main purpose is for strangers to meet and interact online. As you may expect she runs into some interesting characters. Take for example the gent pictured here who wrote her the below message out of the blue:

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough.
Honey, I know I am not perfect, just like everybody else, but I am looking for pure love and ready to devote my life for it like nobody else can. I want a divorce � to divorce myself from all my worries and focus entirely on you and our love. I will be where your troubles end and your happiness begins. I will help you not just to touch the sky, but to reach beyond it � to cast away all your chains. Nothing will be impossible for us, my dear, just give it a chance

See you later."


Okay I'm stealing that first line.

"Romantic love is mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug. It distorts reality, and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw." - Fran Lebowitz

4 comments:

wigsf said...

Love, chemically no different than eating large amounts of chocolate. And I'm allergic to chocolate.

Heff said...

Quite a diverse playlist you have there, lol.

JLee said...

4th grade?? WTF?
I love that quote..so true, so true. Love is blind!

Miss Ash said...

Huh? Why is she still using this site .... LOL! Hopefully for entertainment and not to find love!