May 29, 2007

No kitty this is my pot pie!

My roommate Tad, pictured above, is gone for a few days in New York for work. It hasn't been that lonely in the ghetto cause I'm taking care of his cat. Yes he's a single man who owns a cat. Yep he's straight.

I grew up with cats and lived with them most of my life, but most of them have been outdoor cats which were normally low maintenance. Besides my parent's old senile cat, which would poop everywhere except the litter box, most felines are pretty easy to handle. Just leave the food and water out and make sure their bathroom facilities are clean and your job is done.

Not Tad's cat. He thought he was clever in naming the feline Monkey, but I didn't realize why until this weekend. Monkey likes to climb something fierce. I let him in my room and he tore about the place trying to get on any and all furniture knocking over everything in his path. As I slept the miserable beast got bored and jumped on my windowsill effectively tipping over the pictures on it which fell right on top of me awaking me from my slumber. At night the cat doesn't seem to like the idea that humans sleep and let it be known by attacking my feet. Yes he's quite the attention whore.

Then there's the issue of poop. The cat poops a lot. I mean a lot. I have to clean the litter box twice a day to insure the cat uses it. This morning I got up to the change it and while I was doing scooping kitty shit Monkey decided I wasn't fast enough and did his best impression of a chocolate frozen yogurt dispenser on the floor. Thankfully there were Lysol wipes to take care of the mess.

Dogs rule.

"As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind." - Cleveland Amory

5 comments:

Miss Ash said...

Cats Rule!!! I like cats that are friendly but not needy. Unfortunatley I always cat sit the needy ones.

Just a question though, if Tad is your roomate and you were cat sitting for him, would you not have already known that Monkey enjoyed climbing on things, seeing as you and Tad live together? I'm perplexed.....

Anonymous said...

Cats are great at saving your garden from rodents and such, but that's about it.

Wiwille said...

Miss Ash - Yes I was fully aware that the cat liked to climb on things. Cats normally do, but not to the extent that Monkey does.

Anonymous said...

Hey - atleast he didn't name it Monkey because he liked to throw his poop.

Claire said...

Hee. Cats are cool.

Cxx