Jul 7, 2009

It blew up what good.

"Seriously," she said as we left. "You were like a kid in a candy store. I don't think I've ever seen you light up like that. You rushed up there leaving me in the dust."

My friend was describing my overall giddy nature when it comes to purchasing fireworks. Taking a break from the BBQ I was encouraged to visit the Indian reservation and buy certain items that may or may not be legal otherwise.

Native Americans. We take their land, give them smallpox, and all but destroy their culture. They give us easy access to gambling and illegal fireworks. I really like the American Indian. They're quite generous.

It was on the 4th of July so all the tents were closing in a few hours. I speed walked up to the tent and was immediately greeted by a salesman who gave me the small tour of all the explosive goodness. They had artillery shells, fountains, and all sorts of colorful fire induced pretty things that were loud and sometimes obnoxious.

Nightfall came upon us and it was time to put on Wiwille's show of patriotism. Having way to much alcohol in me that is safe or reasonable to be handling explosives I got some assistance from Friend. Between the two of us we put on a great show for our small group of spectators. The artillery shells, of which I spent way to much money on, were a huge hit when launched correctly. My first attempt scared everyone including myself. It was then I decided that reading instructions may be a good idea.

I do love this holiday.

"No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that our nation stands for than the Fourth of July." - Mac Thornberry

4 comments:

wigsf said...

“Any red-blooded, flag-fearing American would love the M-320.
Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small
part of it.”

Miss Ash said...

It's just been within the last few years that I've been able to enjoy fireworks and from a distance at that.

I would never in a million years buy my own nor light them off myself. Kudos to you sir.

I had a friend do that on a boat, bucket tipped over and the firework shot into his foot.

JLee said...

I think this is a guy thing. They like to blow up stuff. ;)

Claire said...

Hee. Glad you enjoyed the fourth, sir!

Cxx