Jul 15, 2009

Love from across the pond.

An old friend sent me an email yesterday that caught me in a state of bewilderment. She's very attractive and gets a lot of attention from men, some wanted, but most advances can be defined as baffling to psycho. It's probably common amongst the pretty people of the land especially when you have the internet to contend with.

Social networking sites has opened a breeding ground for the disturbed to prey upon others to be an audience to their whimsy. Below is a message that my friend received from a fellow in the UK who happened to stumble upon her MySpace page:

XXXXX, what can I say? Stunning!!! So stunning in fact that I just choked on my last coffee of the afternoon, toppled backwards off my chair and ended up in a heap on the floor with spinal injuries and a PC splattered in decaff...

The good news is that after a quick visit to casualty, the Doctors said that the burns will heal, I won't need traction and at least one of my testicles should re-appear within 18 months-two years.

OK, I'm sorry for the poor introduction and please excuse my lame attempt at humour, but I had no idea of what else to say.

If you fancy chatting to a friendly guy with a great sense of humour, please drop me a message. Hope you do....

Harry

I told her if she responds to him I'll punch her in the mouth.

"You know, I have guys that are almost stalkers... it is very strange. I had this one guy that e-mailed me off my site, and thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend. He then came to my house in London, I do not know how he found it." - Caprice Bourret

8 comments:

Mattbear said...

OK, I have absolutely no idea how to hit on or flirt with women, but even I can figure that starting off with a bad attempt at humor and a reference to one's testicles is just not the way to go. I mean, even if you didn't realize the attempt at humor was lame, just the fact that it involved testes should raise the "I'm being lame; don't send this" flag.

Mattbear said...

Amusingly, a blog got posted to Metafilter this morning, called "Psychotic Letters from Men":
http://psychoticlettersfrommen.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

Why do I feel like I've met that guy before? ;)

Cxx

wigsf said...

You're friend will be fine. She'll rip his heart out and leave him a quivering mess of a former man.

wigsf said...

Your not you're

Miss Ash said...

A little odd albeit kinda cute....well until he mentioned his tesiticles! Then it just got creepy.

JLee said...

I hate to say it, but I think it was kinda funny and sweet! lol
(not that I would DATE that person per se....) ha

Unknown said...

I have to agree with JLee. It was pretty clever indeed. It's better than the whole "Hi, my name is... can I see you naked".