Jul 24, 2009

Res Publica

I used to believe in democracy. I wanted everyone to get involved in the process of this fine Republic and vote their conscious, speak at events, and help make this nation a great one. I would urge friends and family to learn about their communities and how exactly their process worked. If there was something they didn't like then change it even if I personally disagreed with it.

Sadly not all who are citizens of this country are rational human beings and in my naivety I didn't believe so many would actually hinder rather than help the democratic process. Now that I'm getting older I've come to the realization that if you don't know what you're talking about there's no shame in not voting. The democratic process is only as strong as its participants.

Take this lady who decided she can solve all of Santa Cruz's problems and made her voice heard amongst the city council:



While this woman was indeed flustered and a bit camera shy I have no doubt that many men have listened to her nonsense and in an attempt to look at her ginormous assets have told her how brilliant she is and that her blog must be fascinating. To all that have tired and may have succeeded in seeing her without clothing I place blame onto you.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

6 comments:

Claire said...

Aw man. I loved the free food riff at the end best of all.

Cxx

Unknown said...

I want to poke my eye out with one of those potato based, biodegradable sporks. Thanks!

Miss Ash said...

Painful just painful! I can't believe the people in the background aren't making faces!

JLee said...

Wow. hehe
I think she should look into the pageant circuit. Right up her alley!

JLee said...

ps
What's scary is that is the EDITED version of her speech! ha

AccountDeleted said...

Sarah Palin now has someone to run on her ticket as VP - for 2012