Jul 9, 2009

Thursday Music

"Def Leppard and Poison in Sept. You know you want to go."

This text I received from Corey put me in a state of bewilderment. See I know he wants to attend this butt rock event, but as expected my presence is requested.

Now I like many of my generation could not escape the hair bands of the late 80s-early 90s. Some I enjoyed (Guns & Roses, The Cult) and some I wished an early death (Enuff Z Nuff, Extreme), but I was enough of a fan to own Hysteria as well as Open Up and Say Ahh. I actually had a Def Leppard tshirt if you can believe it.

Still I outgrew the genre quickly and it was once thought that pansy white boy metal would go the way of disco, but a lot of the bands that once ruled the charts are now doing their geriatric tours and entertaining many who once proudly sported a mullet.

While I could live without seeing these bands I think it may be a good idea to attend this show. The people watching alone may be worth it. To witness the 30+ crowd relive the days of Aquanet, ripped jeans, and tshirts could be a treat. I'll also make my friend Andrea very proud of me.

I imagine I will need to get really really drunk for this show. If I do go you can expect a full report on One Bad Apple.







"I am truly independently owned and operated." - Bret Michaels

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

Ya know, pre-"Hysteria", Def Leppard actually played some good rock'n'roll. Some wussy stuff, too, but it wasn't as bad as "Animal" or "Pour some sugar on me".

That said, I don't think they're worth seeing now. Partly because..

The drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm, the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

:)

JLee said...

I think you should go wearing a mullet wig and black concert tshirt...and take pictures of course.