Nov 8, 2005

The most wonderful time of the year.

Yes folks it's my favorite time of year and that is election season. Polls open tomorrow, actually today, although I already did cast my absentee ballot. I do encourage you to vote this year as there are many ballot issues I think are important, especially the medical malpractice bill. I found this website to have excellent information and useful links.

Most people I know don't vote and then ones that do normally don't hit the polls for local issues. I don't look down upon them; however I do wish we all could exercise our civic duties. I know I'm getting on my high horse here, but do ask yourself if you really want the ability to make your little world a better one. Realize that you do have the power to do just that. You can seriously make a difference here and our last gubernatorial election is proof.

A lot of you only concentrate on the Presidential elections, probably because of the high drama surrounding them. Do realize that it is our state and local laws that affect your life as well, sometimes even more so.

Now I don't want want to sound like the artist formerly know as Puff Daddy. You won't die if you don't vote. You can still watch your televisions and listen to bad music and basically go on with your comfortable lives in complete ignorance of our often morally bankrupt politics. Enjoy the bliss.

"Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country." - Ambrose Bierce.

Washington Voter

No comments: