Nov 12, 2009

Thursday Music

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today which sucks. I'm supposed to go see the Misfits tonight, but that may not happen if I don't get better by the evening. I was looking forward to it to.

Saturday I'm off to the symphony. Yes go ahead and read that again. I'll be attending Carmina Burana by Orff. For those of you unfamiliar it's based loosely on a series of medieval poetry, but supposedly the piece has no real meaning at all. You've probably heard music from it whether you realized it or not.

I'm kind of excited to get dressed up and go see a real symphony this time. I haven't been to one, besides Star Wars in Concert, since I was 19. Ahh...to be 19 again.

So today good readers I bring you O'Fortuna which is arguably the most popular one from Carmina Burana:



"Although Orff had collaborated with the Nazis the music itself commits no sins simply by being and remaining popular. That 'Carmina Burana' has appeared in hundreds of films and television commercials is proof that it contains no diabolical message, indeed that it contains no message whatsoever." - Alex Ross

1 comment:

Miss Ash said...

I do love that song!

Hope you feel better for tonight!