Aug 29, 2005

Erik's going to be biker trash.

So with my newfound employment I've decided on another personal goal and that is to finally buy a motorcycle. I've wanted to ride since I was 12 and since I'm getting older the thrillseeking bug has evolved to gigantic proportions.

I thought about getting a Harley first, but I'll probably get something like a Verago to hone my skills. I'd rather dump a Yamaha then an insanely expensive chopper.

Years ago AS and I had a dream that we would tour the country on Harleys. He would write and I would take pictures. The adventure would take about 3 months. The dream may come true some day. I'll never forget the conversations about it though.

Hopefully I won't become biker trash. I really don't want to have a bunch of bad jailhouse tattoos or a biker 'babe' with huge blonde hair and really bad teeth. Maybe I'll just be one of those bikers who give their spouses and various family members huge ulcers given the risks we take.

This winter is when the purchase will take place. If you know anyone who's selling a bike, not a crotch rocket mind you, let me know.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S. Thompson

Harley Davidson

No comments: