Sep 6, 2005

CNN decides a great resource for Katrina victims is the wisdom of Dr Phil.

The brainchild of Ted Turner, CNN, broadcasted Dr Phil giving advice to victims of the Katrina disaster. I didn't think it was possible to empathize more with the people who's lives have been destroyed by this, but having to listen to Dr Phil pains me to no end. I want to go and apologize on behalf of all decent Americans to each and every refugee who sat through the broadcast.

Dr Phil delivered such gems as, "The most important thing to remember is, you're not alone." Wow. Yeah people packed into sports stadiums with no food trying to sleep amongst the wails of human misery and the stench of death and fecal matter really didn't realize that they were alone in this.

I know it's kind of cliche to hate Dr Phil, but he doesn't bother me so much as CNN does for airing his simple dime store psychology.

Not to be outdone, Barbara Bush was quoted as saying "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle)--this is working very well for them."

People say stupid things. I say them all the time. Actually, I say them way too much.....maybe I'm a dumb guy after all. Good god my 10th grade history teacher was right. I am nothing but slightly advanced tree sloth and without alcohol my place on the earth would be useless. All this time I thought I could be a Mensa scholar, and yet my destiny is to be a door greeter at Wal-Mart.

"The problem is that for women, the average time is just over 14 minutes,.. men are left with about 12 minutes during which time they need to think of something to do!" - Dr Phil

No comments: