Sep 23, 2005

Sleep is for the weak.

Since 6pm last night I've been sitting here in my cube. The company meeting is today and buses leave at 8am for Safeco. They will pay me overtime if I go. Do I fight sleep and go or do I just go home and rest?

This task leads to interesting questions. How much of my health am I willing to risk for the sake of some cash? And will that extra cash just go to more beer and/or poker? Sitting in a cold stadium for hours without rest and trying to at least look alert may not be the best impression that I want to give our management team. I could get sick as well.

There's a lot at risk here. Well not really. I'll go and try and make up the sleep tonight. Everyone has a price and mine's really low.

"Bored people, unless they sleep a lot, are cruel." - Renata Adler

No comments: