Dec 31, 2005

Not only is it unusual it's freakin insane.

Tom Jones, singer of such ditties as "She's a Lady" and "Thunderball", has entered the knights of the English realm. Yes that Tom Jones. The one your parents listened to and it drove you nuts. You often mocked him in college. You cringed when he was trying to make a comeback in the mid 90s. You really just wanted him to go away. Now he is the recipient of England's highest civilian decoration. God save the Queen for she is truly insane. What's next? Sir Benny Hill? Oh he's dead. That's right.

"You can't be a sexy person unless you have something sexy to offer. With me, it's my voice: the way that I sing, the way I express myself when I sing." - Tom Jones

What's new, Pussycat? It's Sir Tom Jones now.

5 comments:

Chris Lautischer said...

I'm still curious what we call Sir Elton John's new "wife/husband"?


(and on a side note.. are you interested in selling some "Advertising" space on your blog? drop me a line at po_puff@hotmail.com)

Mattbear said...

Actually, I've always enjoyed "She's a Lady". No, seriously, I do. The rest of his "work" - ugh.

The Queen has really lowered the bar for knighthood, eh?

GeekManGreg said...

One of the greatest film climaxes is when Tom Jones helps save the world in "Mars Attacks" and all of the animals start dancing to "It's Not Unusual." How can you top that?

Harlyn said...

Tom Jones is so hot.

Wiwille said...

Citysoul - I hope you're being sarcastic. If not I'll have to contemplate a new career in being a cheesy singer who shows his chest hair at every opportunity.