Aug 7, 2006

Go in peace you whore of Babylon.

Being raised Catholic I became what Christians may call one of the frozen chosen. See Catholic ceremonies are really solemn compared to other denominations. My extended family that are practicing Christians belong to our Protestant, Presbertyrian, or Methodist brethren so I got some exposure to the more loud, energetic kind of worship when I would attend mass with them.

You won't see many Catholics preaching out on the street. It does happen, but they as a whole usually try to convert their inner circle before displaying their faith for the masses. I've come across many a preacher or member of an outspoken parish who have approached me on the street to spread their word. I guess given my look people must think my soul is in dire need of being saved.

In college I saw a few ministers passing out little New Testament Bibles. These were different as they contained just a section of the book. I still have my little Psalms Bible given to me by a preacher at Western. Some students complained about him, but I had to admire his conviction. The guy probably got a heap full of shit from people on a daily basis yet he continued to do his work to try and help people reach the kingdom of heaven.

There are some preachers, like the Rev Fred Phelps, who make me sick. Case in point is Gary Don Bowman. This man sued the University of Arkansas for restricting his right to free speech by only granting him five days to spread the word. Sounds reasonable since it is a public forum and he does have the right to spread his message. Given that you're reading this on my blog well you know there is more to this.

He was found calling students sluts, whores, and fags when he tried to convert people. Not only that he allegedly told youngsters that they were going to hell if they joined a fraternity or sorority. Not exactly the best method of getting people to believe Christ is king.

I hate it that these people even exist. People like him give more ammunition to the anti-Christian folk. If you're a religious person I suggest you pray for this guy.

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked" - 2 Peter 3:16,17

Preacher Awarded Money in Lawsuit

No comments: