Aug 12, 2006

In the vast world of the web I stand alone.

Why is it that I seem to be the only online junkie who has no interest in seeing 'Snakes on a Plane'? I mean really is it necessary to make this film, with the most ridiculous premise ever, into a phenomenon? Should I jump on the bandwagon of the online denizens and their undying devotion to a film that has yet to be released?

I've seen numerous jokes about the idiotic film; however I still don't get a single one of them. Okay the Samuel L Jackson voicemail thing was kind of cool as he is..well...he's just friggin Samuel L Jackson. I mean everyone, including myself, thinks he's uber cool, but we seem to forget that he starred in 'Coach Carter' and 'The Man'.

Sure the title is so silly it's funny, but after five minutes the joke was stale. After all the hype and jokes on Fark I still find myself giving a shit less about seeing it.

Much like my indifference to Harry Potter, Stephen King, and any rap album released after 1995 I find myself truly disconnected with the populous. Maybe I should just accept that fact that everything that people likes sucks and pretend to enjoy it regardless if it's quality entertainment just so I can fit in. Or not.

Oh and some company made 'Snakes on a Train' that was just released on DVD.

"Dictionaries are like watches; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to be quite true." - Samuel L. Jackson

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

I'm with you brother. When I heard the title, I just rolled my eyes. Who greenlighted this shit?

Jackson's awesome, but he is not discerning in the roles he takes. I get the feeling anything with a big enough paycheck gets his OK.

I saw the poster for this piece of shit while I was out watching another piece of shit (Miami Vice). Even the poster looks stupid. But here we are talking about it, giving it more attention. We are part of the problem now.

The terrorists have won.

Memophage said...

Gag me with a... well, with a snake, I guess. I'm guessing this is supposed to pander to the same people who wait breathlessly for "Scary Movie 14", but you won't catch me there.

Keep in mind, as well, that there are armies of marketeers paid to get into popular online forums and talk up piece-of-crap movies like this. Unless you directly know someone, or are reading a reputable site, I'd take any opinions with an asteroid of salt.