Aug 10, 2006

If only you were like this woman.

I've been skydiving recently and highly recommend it to everyone. It's a truly great experience that I hope to replicate soon.

I've been asking friends and acquaintances to do it, but most give me the excuse that a) they don't have the money b) they don't have the time and/or c) they're too scared. For all that are too frightened to complete the highly unnatural act I'd like to introduce Mary Armstrong.

Mary Armstrong is a 90 year old great grandmother who has recently taken her fourth tandem jump. How does it feel to know that this woman has more balls and a sense of adventure than you?

"It was lovely. It was a beautiful day for it and I can't wait to have another go." - Mary Armstrong

Granny, 90, goes sky-diving

7 comments:

rawbean said...

You keep posting, I keep commenting.

Also, I am completely fine with having no balls. Men find it more attractive that way anyways.

I can't handle turbulence in a plane...do you really think I can keep it cool jumping out of one?

Wiwille said...

Rawbean - Call me different, but there's something sexy about a woman with a taste of adventure.

After an accident with a ladder I developed an irrational fear of heights. I couldn't handle it any longer and realized I really needed to face that fear. Enter skydiving. I was nervous as all hell, too which my instructor agreed, but I did it and I feel much better about getting on ladders again.

Mattbear said...

If I make it to 90, then I'll skydive. Hell, if I make it to 70, I'll skydive. Because then, what the hell do I have to be afraid of? It's easy to be brave when you know Death will come knocking soon anyway.

Alyssa said...

Oh, you guys are so chicken. Skydiving is the best thing in the world! :)

Wiwille said...

Mattbear - Dude you're in your 30s. You might as well accept you're going to die soon anyways. Take Alyssa here, who believes skydiving is the best thing in the whole wide world. Now that's spirit, that is if she's actually done it.

Oh and I believe it was you she called chicken. Take that. Hazza!

Anonymous said...

You forgot option d)I swim with great whites and eat fugu I'VE PREPARED MYSELF. Skydiving is for pansies!

rawbean said...

I meant literally having balls is unattractive. I have no doubt that guys like girls who are adventure seekers. I think I can find other ways to be daring and exciting.